Aate ki pinni is a traditional Punjabi sweet. And it made with whole wheat flour, semolina, and dry nuts.
Prep Time- 30 minutes
2 cups Wheat Flour (Aatta)
2 tablespoons Fine Sooji (semolina)
¼ cup Shredded Coconut
1 cup Superfine Sugar (or powdered Jaggery)
1 cup Melted ghee
¼ cup Chopped almonds & pistachios
¼ cup Yellow Raisins (Khismish)
¾ teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Eliachi Powder)
How to make Aate ki Pinni
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add wheat flour and semolina(sooji).
- Mix to combine. Cook the flour-sooji mixture on a medium-low flame.
- Cook for few minutes (5-6minutes) on a medium-low flame, stirring, and please do not leave the mixture unattended, as it will burn.
- As the color of the flour starts to darken, add shredded coconut.
- Add the chopped nuts, raisins, and eliachi powder.
- Take the mixture off the flame. Stir in sugar and mix until well incorporated. After dry nuts & sugar are added, the mixture will come together like a ball of dough.
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of milk and mix. Allow the mixture to cool and take some mixture make the tight fist and squeeze the mixture.
- Shape it like a round ball.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture and form the Punjabi pinnies.