So, you waited until the last possible second? You’re busy. We get it. We’ve got you covered. Try one of these quick and easy recipes that are still sure to impress!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Sugar Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Ready In- 30mins
Servings- 36-48 cookies
1 cup sweet unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sweet creamy peanut butter (do not use reduced-fat versions)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F & Have ready at least 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cream butter until smooth. Add peanut butter, egg, and sugars and beat until combined well.
3. Stir in flour and baking soda gradually until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand
4. Using a meatball scooper or a spoon, scoop out small portions of dough and drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, leaving a 2″ gap between each cookie.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are just firm around the edges- don’t overbake- if you wait until they are brown on top, they will be too hard.
6. Meanwhile, as the next batch bakes, remove baked cookies from the parchment and let cool completely on wire racks.
Almond Sugar Cookies
Ready In- 40mins
Servings- 25-30 cookies
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter (cold)
2/3 cup shortening (room temp)
2 tsp almond extract
2/3 cup cake flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
sugar in the raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet.
- Cream sugar, butter, and shortening. Stir in eggs and almond extract. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt and add to butter/egg mixture.
3. Use an electric mixture to ensure the dough is thoroughly combined & Chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll 2 tsp of dough into a ball and roll in raw sugar. Place on prepared pan.
5. Bake cookies for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press the tops of the cookies flat with the back of a spoon while they are still warm and pliable.
6. Return bowl of dough to fridge in between baking batches & Remove to cooling rack. Allow cooling completely.
Tip: DO NOT bake longer than 7-8 minutes! They may seem under-baked, but when they cool they will firm up.