It is a recipe which is a very healthy one and also with an Indian touch. This recipe by Shri & Sam is perfect for healthy living and can be a great choice instead of normal snacks. It is filling and also extremely good for the body. This soup is a little seasonal though due to spinach, this can be easily made in the winters.
This is a much healthier version than a bowl of regular tomato soup. This is homely recipe that is very easy to make and also very nutritious.
Total Time: 30-40 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Spinach/Palak (200 Grams)
- Tomatoes (5-7)
- Little Ginger
- Butter (1 Table Spoon)
- Garlic Paste (1 Tea Spoon)
- Salt (As per preference)
- Black Pepper (1/2 Teaspoon)
- Cumin Powder (1/2 Teaspoon)
- First of all, put all the spinach leaves and put it in a strainer or colander to wash it off clearly.
- Then, start by taking a deep frying pan or Pressure Cooker, then add the spinach leaves to the pressure cooker or the pan.
- Then start chopping the tomatoes into small pieces, once the tomatoes are chopped, add them to the pan or cooker. Also, add one-fourth glass of water to it.
- After that add the garlic paste to it and also finely chopped ginger, you can also use ginger paste if you want.
- After that stir it well and also add black pepper and salt to it.
- After that close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it for 3-5 minutes until the first whistle. If you are cooking it in a frying pan or saucepan then cook it for 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, let the mix cool down and then using a food processor, you need to grind the mix, you can also use hand grinder instead.
- After that, pass the mix through a small tea strainer to ensure if there are any chunks or pieces left, those come out.
- Then add the mix to a saucepan and again on the gas top. Now add 2 cups of water, roasted cumin powder and water accordingly.
- Keep stirring it, until it starts to boil. Your healthy and nutritious Tomato Spinach soup is ready.