Paneer Tikka is a really common Vegetarian Snack across North India, this is nothing but pieces of marinated cottage cheese and after that, it is grilled or kept in tandoor, for an amazing experience. It is one of the tastiest appetizers. It can also be marinated with capsicum and onions and much more for enhancing the flavors.
The Paneer Tikka cubes are marinated in different types of spice which makes it a delight to eat. It is quite a popular dish in restaurants across India and around the world. It can be quite an amazing party appetizer, also it is perfect when served with mint chutney
The original way of creating it is that it is kept in a wooden skewer with veggies and grilled in an earthen traditional tandoor.
Total Time: 45 Mins
Preparation Time: 35 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Cottage Cheese/ Paneer (250 Grams)
- Colored Capsicum: Green and yellow (1 cup)
- Diced Onions (½ Cup)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 Teaspoon)
- Haldi/Turmeric Powder (½ Teaspoon)
- Yogurt (½ Cup)
- Garam Masala (½ Teaspoon)
- Red Chilli Powder (1 Teaspoon)
- Dhaniya/Coriander Powder ( 1 Teaspoon)
- Salt ( 1 Tablespoon)
- Mustard Oil or other cooking oil ( 1 Tablespoon)
- Jeera/ Cummin Powder ( ½ Teaspoon)
- Lemon Juice (1 Teaspoon)
- Chaat Masala (1 Teaspoon)
- Start by straining the curd in a muslin cloth or you can beat the curd in normal mixing bowl, this is to remove water from the curd.
- After that we need to add all the spices or masalas to it, to marinate it well. Add garlic paste to it.
- After that add garam masala, chili powder, Coriander powder, chaat masala, jeera and salt to it.
- After that also add 1 teaspoon oil in it and also some lemon juice
- Start beating it, you will end up making a thick paste.
- Now take the Paneer separately and start chopping it in cubes. Also, you need to dice onions and capsicums. Make small pieces of veggies. You can also add tomato if you like accordingly.
- Add all the veggies into the curd paste and start mixing.
- No mix it well and then leave it aside covered for 20 mins to marinate.
- Arrange the paneer and veggies on wooden skewers. ( You can also use toothpicks). If not you can just grill the paneer in griller directly.
- Now take a pan or grill pan and brush it with a little oil on it. Then place the skewers carefully on top.
- Let it cook for 1 minute and then turn it until all four sides of the paneer cubes are done. Then broil it in the end for 5 mins to get the char.
- Your Paneer Tikka is ready, you can have it with mint chutney.