Indian festivals are known for uniting people across the country. In India, food is directly connected with different types of festivals. Diwali especially is a very beautiful festival that has a lot of delicacies involved, as Diwali is celebrated differently at different parts of the country. The first thing that comes to everyone’s mind when we think of Diwali food is Mithai (sweets). Indian sweets are of several kind and people in this country are specialists in making them.
The eternal beauty of India lies in the cultural diversity which has enshrined for centuries and the cuisine that satisfies our taste buds is the most prominent manifestation of this variety. People all across the country have their own culinary experiences during this period of joy and festivals.
3 sweet-dish that are made on Diwali are : –
Ingredients Of Gulab Jamun
- 100 Gram Khoya (firmly packed)
- 1 Tbsp Refined flour or soojee
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Milk (mixed with a little water)
- 4 Green cardamoms (slightly crushed)
- Cube of bread
How To: –
- Take khoya and mash it with a bowl or press it with your palm, make sure that there are no crumbs left.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and start mixing the flour and baking soda in it. This can also be done through a food processor.
- The dough should not be dry, if it feels dry then wet your hands again and kneel it again.
- Now shape the dough into marble sized balls. Make sure the surface is smooth and creaseless. The shape should be a perfect round.
- Now take a kadhai and pour some ghee in it and then put it on medium flame until it warms.
- Once its heated up, lower the flame and then start frying the jamuns. Fill the kadhai with jamuns, make sure they do not touch one another. Fill only that much. Fry these until these turn golden and brownish.
- Then drain the jamuns of the ghee and do the second lot, the same way.
- Keep the slab jamuns separately in a plate or bowl till the syrup is prepared.
- Now take a sauce pan, then start adding water and sugar in it. Keep stirring. Our the sauce pan on medium flame. Stir till the sugar dissolves in it.
- Then bring the mixture to a boil. Then add milk in it and some more water and bring it to boil again.
- Skim off any skim on the side of the sauce pan.
- Cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Take the mix off the stove and let it cool for 30 minutes at least.
- Then strain the mix with a muslin cloth or a nylon sieve. Then take the mixture to a boil again. Then take it off the stove again and let it cool off.
- Then dip the gulab jamuns in the mixed let them soak for another half an hour.
- Your Gulab Jamuns are ready to be served.
Ingredients Of Rice Kheer
- 5 Cups Milk, full cream
- 1/4 Cup Rice (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 10-12 Raisins
- 4 Green cardamoms
- 10-12 Almonds (shredded), blanched
How To: –
- Take a deep sauce pan or a kadhai and pour milk in it along with the rice. Boil them.
- Cook this, until the rice are dome and the milk becomes thick. Make sure to keep the flame low and stir occasionally.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamom.
- Make sure to stir well till the sugar is dissolved.
- Take it off the flame and then take it out.
- Then garnish the mix with Almonds or any other dry fruits of choice. Your kheer is ready to be served.
Ingredients Of Mawa Kachori
- 500 gms maida
- 100 gms ghee
- 200 ml water
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 200 gms sweet mawa
- 15 gms chopped pista (Without Skin)
- 15 gms chopped almond(Without Skin)
- Ghee for frying
How To: –
- Take a mixing bowl and pour ghee, water and flour in it. Then kneel until the dough is prepared.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces, make sure that you divide them right and stuff them with mawa. Then flatten them into discs.
- Take a kadhai and put it on medium flame. Fry them until they are golden brown.
- Now take a sauce pan and put it on low flame, then add water and sugar in it. Make sure that the sugar dissolves in it completely.
- Just before serving dip the kachoris in the sugar syrup and then garnish it with nuts.
- Your Mawa Kachori is ready to be served.