- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Earlier India was called the land of milk and honey by its visitors. This one is a saffron infused shahi tukda from awadh.
- 10-15 almonds
- 10-15 green unsalted pistachio
- 4 slices of bread
- 500 ml of milk
- 1 Tsp green cardamom powder
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 gm saffron
- 3 Tsp screw pine (kewda) water
- 6-7 pieces candied ginger
- Take the almonds and put them in boiling water to peel them easily. Then rinse them under cold water. After that slice the almonds thinly and repeat the process with pistachios.
7 Pcs Gadget Set
- Using a cutter, cut the bread into pieces. Try and cut out equal number of pieces. Then take a frying pan and put it on medium flame with oil in it. Then start adding bread pieces in the pan and fry them.
- Now take a sauce pan and add some milk in it. Then add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron in it. Wait till the milk simmers and then gently add the bread in it and then add kewda water. Then remove the bread when it turn soft and let the milk simmer. Make sure you are gentle with the bread because it can break easily.
Sauce Pan With Ring Handle
- Then place a few sliced candied ginger on one piece of bread. Then top it off with another bread. When the simmering milk reaches a thick stage, then pour it over the bread.
- Then garnish it with silver foil. You can serve it with a sprinkle of almonds and pistachios.