- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients Of Dal Parantha
- For Dal Stuffing:
- 1 Cup Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 Nos Cloves
- 4 Nos Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup WaterFor Atta Dough:
- 1 Cup Atta
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Water
This can be made at home very easily and is a very delicious recipe. The spices in the piranha add to a very good flavor and is very quick to cook too. It can be served either with dahi or choice of curry.
- Take chili moong daal and soak it in a cup of water for an hour at least.
- Then take a pressure cooker and add some ghee in it, let the ghee get warm then add some cloves in it, then add peppercorns and cumin seeds in it.
Signum Pressure Cooker
- Then add soaked moong dal, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder in it and then sauté them well.
Ultimate Series Kitchen Tool
- Then add water to it and pressure cook the dal until the first whistle.
- Then mash the dal and let it cool.
Masher Kitchen Tool
For Preparing Dal Parantha:
1. Then take a deep mixing bowl and add 1 cup atta to it
German Mixing Bowl
2. Then add salt, kalonji, ajwain,water and ghee in it. Then mix it well and knead into a soft dough.
3. Then cover the dough bowl with plastic sheet and keep aside for about 60-70 minutes.
4. Then start making piranhas from the dough after an hour.
5. Then sprinkle some flour on the rolling board and start making paranthas.
6. Then place a portion of dal stuffing in the center and seal it tightly.
7. Then roll it again to make a circle.
8. Then take a non stick tawa and cook the piranha with a little bit of ghee in it too.
9. Your dal piranhas are ready to be served!