- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
This is a delicious easy to make sweet dish made from whole wheat flour. This Indian dessert can be perfect on this mom’s day to cook something special for your mom. This is usually made in Indian households for festivities, pujas and much more. Since, its is an easy recipe a lot of times its just had as a dessert after dinner.
Ingredients Of Atte Ka Halwa
- 500 Gram Whole wheat flour
- 300 Gram Ghee
- 500 Gram Sugar
- 100 Ml Water
- 50 Gram Raisins
- 5 Gram Cardamom (coarsely ground)
- 10 Gram Almonds, sliced
- 5 Gram Pistachios (for garnishing), sliced
How to Make Atte Ka Halwa
- Start by taking a sauce pan, and add water and sugar to it. Then put it on medium flame and bring the syrup to boil. Once the sugar is melted, take it off the flame. Keep it aside.
- Take a frying pan and put it on low heat, then add butter to it. Let the butter melt and then add whole wheat flour. Keep stirring it and roast the flour until it turns brown.
Rockline Deep Frying Pan
- The flour should be roasted well and then add the syrup to it. The halwa should be nice and light brown in color. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Then keep adding the syrup and keep stirring, making sure that there are no lumps.
- Then add the almonds, raisins and cardamom, after that cook it till it becomes thick. This should take 5-7 minutes.
- Your Atta Halwa is ready to be served, garnish it with almonds and pistachios before serving.